Here are some tips to keep your silver jewellery bright and shiny.
Jewellery with stones can be polished with a polishing cloth.
For jewellery without stones:
– Store your jewellery in individual air-tight bags. This is easy and very effective!
– Give your sterling silver jewellery a quick wash with soap and water.
– Dip your sterling silver jewellery in ammonia, then rinse with water and dry with a soft towel.
– For tarnished silver, use washing soda. Line a plastic container with aluminum foil and add 2 tablespoons of Arm & Hammer Washing Soda with hot water. Soak the silver pieces for a few minutes, then rinse in clean water and dry with a soft towel. This is a great method for cleaning chains and jewellery without stones.
A few don’ts:
– Never use toothpaste or abrasive commercial cleaners on silver jewellery, as they can pit the silver.
– Don’t soak jewellery with bezel-set stones. Clean carefully around the stone, or use a polishing cloth.